I’ve uploaded all the officially available S205 BIOSs to GoogleDrive in the following structure:
- /[BIOS_VERSION].exe – The original Phoenix UEFI Flash Tool + BIOS ROM from Lenovo (you can download it directly from Lenovo Support).
- /[BIOS_VERSION].sha, [BIOS_VERSION].md5 – Checksums. (Use these with e.g. Total Commander to verify the exe file’s integrity).
- /[BIOS_VERSION].txt – ReadMe file from Lenovo.
- /Extracted/WinFlash.zip –  in extracted format (taken from C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Local\Temp\).
- /Extracted/WinFlash.sha, WinFlash.md5 – Checksums for the zip file.
These BIOSs are obviously safe to flash. If you have an older BIOS (you can check it on the BIOS home screen), upgrading to the latest (4BCN24WW) version may be a good idea, especially if you are planning to (re)install Windows 7 / 8. From the changelog:
Fix the hang up issue when installing non-OEM version Windows 7 Operation system.
If you’ve bought your S205 without any pre-installed operation system, you should wait for my upcoming tutorial on creating a bootable BIOS flashing pendrive.
Official Lenovo IdeaPad S205 BIOS:
- 4BCN21WW (Version 21, 23 May 2011)
- 4BCN22WW (Version 22, 27 July 2011)
- 4BCN24WW (Version 24, 17 Aug 2011)
I wouldn’t recommend flashing the modded BIOS unless you want to replace your WiFi card or install a new WWAN (3G, 4G) card that is not supported by Lenovo (see the list of supported devices below). Flashing a modded bios can brick your laptop. Do it at your own risk!
WLAN Card Support List
VID PID SVID SSID
Cbt RT3090 Wistron M PCIE NB HMC VEN_1814&DEV_3090
Liteon AR9285 HB95 BGN Wistron NB VEN_168C&DEV_002B
WWAN Card Support List
Ericsson F3307 R2 HSPA 850/1900MHz WWAN VID_0BDB&PID_190E
Ericsson F3307 R2 HSPA 850/1900MHz WWAN VID_0BDB&PID_190F
Huawei EM770W WCDMA+GPS VID_12D1&PID_1404
Huawei EM820 HSPA+850/900/1900/2100MHZ VID_12D1&PID_140C
Huawei EM660 EVDO+GPS VID_12D1&PID_1001
TC Leadcoretech TD-SCDMA LC5740 VID_1AB7&PID_5740
Frankin M600 EVDO 3G/4G USB HUB VID_0424&PID_2412
Modded Lenovo IdeaPad S205 BIOS:
- 4BCN24WW (Version 24, 17 Aug 2011) – NoWhiteList
- The latest official BIOS with the WiFi/WWAN WhiteList removed. WhiteList is a device filter in BIOS which prevents you from using any WiFi/WWAN card other than the ones on Lenovo’s list.
- It has been confirmed to work with the Intel 6200 WiFi card (Lenovo FRU 60Y3191).
- All credits go to Camiloml and BIOS-Mods. You can download it directly from their BIOS repository.